August 10, 2017 — SHERMAN, Texas (KXII) — Sherman police say a man was arrested for manslaughter after a teen girl died from alcohol poisoning two months ago.Kayla Youngs was a typical teenage girl who liked to take selfies and hang out with friends.
On June 11th, Kayla went to spend the night at a friends house in Sherman. Police say the girl’s dad, William Wheeler, bought them vodka and Fireball. “I know he didn’t pour it down her throat,” her uncle John Baker said. “She wasn’t a perfect angel but you don’t give alcohol to minors. That is why there is a law against it.”
Investigators say the girls got drunk and fell asleep but Kayla never woke up. “It is just unbelievable,” Baker said. “You are not supposed to lose a 15-year-old girl.” A toxicology report shows Kayla had a blood alcohol level of .44.